Hand injuries can be disabling and painful. Our staff includes five certified hand therapists, who have the training, expertise, and interest in rehabilitative management of a wide variety of upper extremity diagnoses including:
- Work related injuries
- Cumulative trauma
- Crush injuries
- Tendon repairs
- Wound and burn care
- Fracture care
- Joint arthroplasties
- Peripheral nerve injuries
- Post operative breast surgery
- Neck injuries
- Shoulder and elbow injuries
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Trigger finger
- Custom Splinting–static, dynamic, functional
- Wound care and dressing changes
- Therapeutic exercise to improve mobility and strength
- Sensory re-education/training following nerve injury
- Scar management
- Edema Control
- Ergonomic education
- Patient education and home exercise programs
- Therapeutic exercise
- Joint and soft tissue mobilization
- Modalities for pain relief
Postoperative management of:
- MCP and PIP joint arthroplasties
- Basal joint arthroplasties
- Wrist and thumb fusions
- Thumb reconstructions
- Tendon repairs and transfers
- Carpal tunnel release
The Hand Therapists are equipped to help you protect your healing repairs, promote healing, and improve motion, strength, and dexterity.
The Hand Therapists will expedite your ability to return to independence with activities of daily living and return to work.
Our certified hand therapists have extensive training and an average of 15 years work experience in this specialty area.
It is important that the patient is comfortable and well motivated for best clinical results. We work closely with surgeons, physicians and case managers to achieve optimal results.
Hand Therapy Examples
Serial Cast to improve finger extension:
Anti-Claw Splint for ulnar nerve deficient hand:
Excel Sports and Physical Therapy serves St. Louis, St. Peters, O’Fallon, St. Charles, Wentzville, Warrenton and the surrounding communities.